Thursday, January 21, 2010

Jan 18th - Jan 21th, 2010


Monday, Jan 18th, 2010:
As bad as i felt yesterday, I was more or less flying today and did a nice 100 km ride with some tempo riding.

Tuesday, 19th, 2010:
Had pretty heavy legs today and the only memorable thing was two big javelinas crossing Old Spanish Trail - a big dream come true for me. I have now seen a wild boar in Girona and javelinas in the Sonoran Desert, a big goal is met. So enlightened, I went with Kathryn to Costco, which is big shopping galore, and checked out a Panasonic zs3, which should be interesting to try out. It has a great zoom, 25-300mm, and HD video with zoom.

Wednesday, Jan 20, 2010:
Ran 11 km through the neighborhood and ended up on my 333 meter trail, doing 5 km going back and forth....
Went to lunch with Jenny at Bison Witches at 4th Ave, where I had a delicious sandwich and Jenny had the biggest salad I've ever seen. After a brief visit to the Food Conspiracy COOP, surrounded by hippies, we went to Curtis for some software updating so I can download video in the AVCHD format. It's annoying that it plays the action at double speed, while the audio is normal#@*&%%. Gotta be a Mac or Panasonic bug --> get it fixed pronto, You nerds!

Thursday, Jan 21, 2010:
I've spent three weeks in Tucson now and it feels like I've just got here, which I guess is good. I've been wanting to have a rest days for some time now, as I see a pattern in my tiredness and energy levels over the last week. The weather forecast has warned thunderstorms and all day rain, but it never seems to happen. It's been raining the last few nights, but at 10 a.m. it' dry and sunny again. This morning was different though, with gloomy, ominous skies and quite a strong wind. Jenny and I decided to start riding at 9 a.m., despite the somewhat wet roads - not enough to make a spray though... It was 15 C, so by no means cold, but the went made it a bit chilly. We went up Mt. Lemmon and I've never seen so few people on the road, which was nice and a bit weird. Going uphill was easy, but the strong gusts of wind made it quite sketchy going down. We met with Chloe, another Canadian rider and got of the mountain as the wind picked up. I was really tired when I got home and I think I'll better take a day of or I'm about to fall ill. Jenny and i stocked up at Trader Joe and Albertsons, where I bought a roasted chicken and ate half of it when I returned. Phew, I've finally caught up with this blog and from now on I'll try and post a daily report, goodnight Y'all.

No comments: