Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday, Jan 25th, 2010 - One of those days...


I've got a clarification to make: the nice and patient gentleman at control 171, was Eric Bone, Cascade Orienteering Club, who also happens to be a member of the USOF National Team... Well Eric, thanks for taking Your time, and loosing 20 seconds in the middle of a race, to some total stranger in the desert! That's Eric running away after posing - guess you could call it pose running?!?
This was just one of those days where everything went wrong! I should've known it when I felt asleep after breakfast and didn't wake up until 11 a.m. feeling as lethargic as ever. I ate second breakfast/lunch and had a double shot of very strong coffee. I probably should've stayed in bed, but the spoke in back wheel would probably just have broken tomorrow. Anyway, I limped home from Catalina HW on a seriously crooked wheel, brakes rubbing and the whole thing threatening to collapse anytime. I spend the rest of the afternoon hunting for a fitting spoke, but after visiting four (4) bike shops, I went to Jon Roberts and borrowed a rear wheel from him, thanks Jon. With everything going haywire I thought I might as well announce my relationship with Katrine on Facebook... Hey what is that thing anyway? Like things ain't real if it's not been published on Facebook! I even doubted Jennys recent marriage, cause it's not on Facebook... And once you're going down Ball 'n Chain Avenue, the next thing will be the question about which pet to get, cat or dog, or even complaining about the fact that there's four bikes in your apartment. Most of the bikes are pretty clean, which can't be said about most domesticated hairy furballs, including women, or men, with long hair . Okay, enough ranting for now, sure some sleep will help my grouchiness...

No comments: