Thursday, January 21, 2010

Jan 4th - Jan 5th, 2010



Monday, Jan 4th, 2010:
Went with Curtis to drop the kids off at school. Hardly any kids ride their bikes to school, almost everyone is being transported by one of their parents. Unfortunately it's the same trend we see in Denmark, partly because of the shutting down smaller schools and thereby increasing the distance. And the more traffic around the schools, the dangerous it seems to let your kids go by themselves and it's full circle.
Curtis and I had a nice cup of coffee at Rage'n Sage and I barely made it back home, to heed Natures call! Went for a 30 min run in the 22 C, sunny weather - so nice!
Went for an easy 2 hr. spin to Saddlebrook to round of the day.
The diet is pretty simple: try to avoid all processed foods, i.e. buy and store whole foods that your ancestors had access to, and preferentially organic products. Last meal at 7-8 p.m. and an bacon omelette and coffee for breakfast.

Tuesday, Jan 5th, 2010:
Met with "The Dawgs", aka South West Hand Cycling (SWHC) at Sunrise and Swan, at 8.30 am. It's cold in the morning and I'm probably overdressed, since I resembled a mule, 30 minutes in to the ride... In the afternoon I packed all my stuff and Curtis took me to 2nd St, near Speedway and Wilmot, where I'm gonna stay for 4 weeks at Kathryn Bertines house. I met Kathryn on the internet in my search for a place to stay. She's a very versatile person and I hope to introduce more thoroughly in a future post, but here's a short introduction: she was a former rower, ice-skater, triathlete and is now a pro cyclists, representing St. Kitts and Nevis at the World Championships in cycling. She's a journalists/writer and is expecting her second book to be ready in April. Besides that she plays in a band, has a boyfriend called George and seems to be very friendly indeed.
Besides me, there's a guy called Brett, from Cincinnati, Ohio, who's a very active runner. Brett's moved to Tucson to enjoy the nice weather and is working at "The Running Shop". Brett is a huge fans of "The Steelers", but to his big dismay The Steelers are out of the NFL Playoffs...

No comments: