Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mammoth revisited...


Skiles and I drove to Mammoth and back today...
Skiles hadn't been there for a long time and I guess I'm just masochistic by nature. We drove by Biosphere 2, http://www.b2science.org/, on our way out and that is a really cool biological and sociological experiment, having people living in a greenhouse for years!
Mammoth hasn't changed much in the last 14 days, still a little, lazy mining town in the middle/bottom of nowhere. Check it out yourself, if you think I'm exaggerating: 
www.city-data.com/city/Mammoth-Arizona.html or  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammoth,_Arizona.
Well, the lady at Circle K was nice as always and she sold the nicest jumbo sized Snickers!
I swallowed my Clif bar as dessert and regretted that a thousand times on the 20 km uphill back to civilization. Skiles decided to push a little harder than my digestive system was capable of, so I enjoyed my Snickers a second time. We had a real hard tailwind going back to Tucson and went 35+ mph for a long time, sweet. When I got back, I met Heidis younger brother, Chris and his wife Patricia, who's staying here for the next week. Also Erics brother Selwyn is staying, so it's a full house!
Chris asked me if I'm a chess player and by the way he asked I could tell that I'm not. I mean, I know the rules and could probably survive for a while, but it would be more like a massacre, than a real game.
By the way, the picture is what's to be expected back in Denmark in a few days: nice open water swimming in the clear waters of Hald Sø - can't wait.

No comments: