Friday, January 11, 2008

Rest day - kind of...


A designated run day and some errands. Took off at nine o´clock and ran for 90 seconds, before I had to stop! My legs felt heavy and my mind just couldn´t find the motivation. Stood at the roadside and listened to the discussion between the strong A-type-me and the weaker, "why do it now when you can wait"-me. Finally I made the decision to move on another 5 minutes before surrendering to the couch and selfblaim. Another reason for trucking on is the great motivational insight I´ve had from reading "lucho´s" great blog. If you´d ever had the occasional motivational problems, take a look at: http://timluchinske.blogspot.com/
Surprisingly, my focus was suddenly back, endorphins kicked in and I grew stronger and more motivated step by step. Had to remind myself that this was a rest day. Ended up running for 1.03 hrs, 14 km and 300 vertical meters of ascent/descent. Pretty hilly place, if you want it to be...

After a nap I drove to Arizonacyclist and Myron and Patrick kindly looked after my bike while I went shopping at Trader Joe´s. Bought a lot of vegetables and had to use ALL of my Salomon 50L backpacks loading capacity. Unfortunately I had 200 vertical meters of ascent with my 25 pound backpack - so much for an easy spin.
Listened to a lot of music from the 80´es today. The Specials is one of my all time favourite bands, they have nice lyrics about racism, marriage, violence, James Bond and minority problems. Now, that´s accompagnied by some of the most energetic music ever played. Way better than the, somehow overrated, The Beatles, I think.
Had brown rice, broccoli, green peas, avocado, tuna, almonds and chili paste for dinner. Ate a little too much, zombied out on the lazyboy and watched "Die Hard 2", "Mission Impossible 3" and "From Dusk till Dawn"...
I dropped "The Good Shepherd" as it was a three hour movie and I need to get some sleep before tomorrows early bird: The Saturday Shootout - Goodnight.

No comments: